Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Getting better

It's been a while since I posted and quite a few things have happened. First of all, the power cord to my laptop died over a week ago (part of the reason I haven't posted). I was using it the last time I was at the farm for the weekend and all of a sudden it beeped that the battery was low and it shut off... and I couldn't get the cord to work again.

We had a homeleave that started last Wednesday and went to Sunday. What a blessing! The last time I was home was in June for about 2 1/2 days so it was good to get back there. I didn't get to see many people but it was nice to see my puppy and parents. I was only home Wednesday night until Friday morning. Then my parents and I headed to a balloon festival in Glens Falls, NY. The weather was perfect (other then being a bit chillier then I would've liked) and we got 5 flights in while I was there. I flew Saturday evening and got to pilot (I'm working on getting my lisence to fly) on Sunday morning.

I met the bus and came back here Sunday evening feeling much better then I had in weeks. I made it through Monday in the cafe with practically no issues with the kids. Yesterday I was on supervision with Adam again and there was another soccer game. Things went pretty well over all with supervision duties and our team won the game :) Today was the first day I've had all my kids in the cafe in at least a week I think. I had to get after a couple of the boys but didn't have major issues. I'm not sure if its because they are really starting to settle in and do what they are supposed to and respecting me or if its just because I'm feeling like I'm in a better mood. Whatever it is I praise God things are getting easier!

The friends I'm making here are wonderful! I got to spend some time off campus this morning with Nina, the assistant girls dean. We did a little shopping for ourselves and picked up some stuff for the girls dean before heading to a little cafe for some refreshment :) It was fun to be able to hang out with another girl around my age.

Before break, Adam told me that his friend got married a little over a year ago and him and his wife moved to Korea to teach English. Not long ago she started hurting all over and the doctors weren't sure what it was so they came back to the states to try and figure it out. It turns out she has a very advanced stage of skin cancer and they only give her about 6-7 months to live. I mention this because I think its cool how people that don't even know this couple are so willing to lift them in prayer. My mom forwarded me an email yesterday telling their story and asking for prayer. I replied to her and said that this was the same couple Adam is friends with. Mom told me later last night that they have also been added to the prayer chain at my church. I'd also like to ask you to remember them in your prayers.

Anyways, now that I have a camera I will try my best to get some more pictures from around here to post. Thank you for your prayers and support :)

No comments: